National Research Network for Low Carbon Energy and Environment
The Sêr Cymru National Research Network for Low Carbon, Energy and Environment (NRN-LCEE) is a major pan-Wales initiative funded by the Welsh Government Sêr Cymru initiative and the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales.
The Network supports collaborative and interdisciplinary research in Wales into the interactions between land, water, the provision of food and energy production, at different spatial scales across air-land-water systems.
- To support and promote excellent, internationally competitive science in Wales
- To foster increased and novel collaboration between researchers in Wales
- To establish a new basis for a sustainable increase in research funding to Wales
- To encourage researchers with excellent track records to establish themselves in Wales
The NRN-LCEE is a pan-Wales initiative comprised of partners from Bangor, Aberystwyth, Cardiff, South Wales and Swansea Universities, the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology at Bangor, the British Geological Survey Wales, and the UK MetOffice.
Thematic Research Areas:
- Sustainable intensification
- Low carbon energy pathways
- Developing the bio economy – social, economic and technological modelling
- Impacts and mitigation of climate change and human activity
- Third NRN-LCEE visit to Brussels
18 July 2016
- RDF Workshop: Sensors and Sensing Technologies at Bangor University
13 July 2016
- Read all news
- ERC Grant writing workshop
Tuesday 6 September 2016, 09:15–16:30
- IGLOOS: Interactions at the interface of glaciology, oceanography and sea ice
Wednesday 28 September 2016, 12:00 – Friday 30 September 2016, 12:00
- View all events