National Research Network for Low Carbon Energy and Environment
The Sêr Cymru National Research Network for Low Carbon, Energy and Environment (NRN-LCEE) is a major pan-Wales initiative funded by the Welsh Government Sêr Cymru initiative and the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales.
The Network supports collaborative and interdisciplinary research in Wales into the interactions between land, water, the provision of food and energy production, at different spatial scales across air-land-water systems.
- To support and promote excellent, internationally competitive science in Wales
- To foster increased and novel collaboration between researchers in Wales
- To establish a new basis for a sustainable increase in research funding to Wales
- To encourage researchers with excellent track records to establish themselves in Wales
The NRN-LCEE is a pan-Wales initiative comprised of partners from Bangor, Aberystwyth, Cardiff, South Wales and Swansea Universities, the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology at Bangor, the British Geological Survey Wales, and the UK MetOffice.
Thematic Research Areas:
- Sustainable intensification
- Low carbon energy pathways
- Developing the bio economy – social, economic and technological modelling
- Impacts and mitigation of climate change and human activity
- Climate-Smart Grass at the 6th EUCARPIA Festulolium Working Group Workshop in the Czech Republic
13 June 2016
- Plants and Architecture Cluster Citizen Science Pilot Launched
3 June 2016
- Resilcoast at the Urdd National Eisteddfod
3 June 2016
- Read all news
- Low Carbon Cymru
Wednesday 6 July 2016, 11:30–17:00
- Extreme Weather Events: A concern for farming?
Wednesday 20 July 2016, 08:30–11:00
- ERC Grant writing workshop
Tuesday 6 September 2016, 09:15–16:30
- View all events